~ The Wisdom of the Weirdo ~

“To live free, to be free. It’s more than just putting flowers in your hair and quoting Eckhart Tolle. The free souls are the ones who live completely in tune with their inner nature – whatever that may be – and don’t allow the influences of culture and society to distort their unique shape. It’s about being thoroughly yourself in everything you do, and I believe it’s all on a scale on how much people maintain their individuality while fitting themselves into a societal system. I see some people free to a degree: perhaps 70% themselves while the other 30% acts out the social role. I see some people at 80% or 90%. But it’s only when I see someone being completely themselves that I smile and rejoice. Usually these people are known as madmen and outsiders, but what I see is something so beautiful that I can’t but see a great victory in their very existence. The sight of true authenticity brings joy to my heart, and I do not desire to live in a world of people who dilute down their essence to meet the crowd’s taste. No, I long to live in a world of free-spirits, all shining and setting this world alight with the contents of their hearts. I long to live in a world where people’s words come straight from the soul. So please, give me the ones whose tongues know the dance of their truth. Give me the ones whose eyes contain an untamed wilderness. Give me the ones who choose authenticity over acceptance; who choose integrity over integration. Give me the wisdom of the weirdo; the insight of the outcast. Please, just give me some straight-up, pure, unfiltered soul, and no matter how crazy you may seem to this world, you will always have my heart, my admiration and my respect.”


~ Towards the Ineffable ~

~ Towards the Ineffable ~

Into those unknown lands you will venture
with your mind ignited by apprehension and awe
with your soul stirring with the springs of life
with your feet treading into the kingdom of self

The journey will be one of solitude and unease
the road will not be straightforward or well-trodden
and the way will drench you with discomfort and doubt
but into those unknown lands you will venture

outward across the plains of freedom
inward through the universe of yourself
tumbling down the rabbit-holes of your mind
tasting the fruits of life which you have starved for

you always felt it since you were a child
an inner pull to some ineffable joy
the magic of the universe waiting to be found
the treasure they told you wasn’t there – being there

and now as you walk toward it wild and free
the voices of fear will call you back
the caged souls will try to drag you down
the reflection in the water will turn and test you
but they will all fail like darkness against dawn

because into those unknown lands you will venture
bound by a desire to slip beyond the ordinary
unmoved by hate and ignorance
shaking off the shackles of slavery
unearthing the secrets of the soul
playing freely in the grass of eternity
swimming amongst the stars of infinity

discovering what it is

to truly – be alive